Re: How should I convert an existing ".ly" file to a MIDI file containin

From: Petr Pařízek
Subject: Re: How should I convert an existing ".ly" file to a MIDI file containing audible arpeggios?
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 06:34:52 +0100

On 5.12.2020 1:07, Knute Snortum wrote:
> I'm confused.  Why doesn't the notation create arpeggios in MIDI?

The \arpeggio command only prints the relevant symbols in the notated score (i.e. in the PDF output) but does not have any effect on the MIDI file.
The final part of the documentation on "Ties" contains a snippet that explains that written-out arpeggios can be typed more efficiently by applying the "tieWaitForNote" property and then reseting it again:
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/writing-rhythms#ties
But I can't imagine rewriting it manually for every single arpeggiated chord of my original file, considering how many they are there. I'd love to find a way of automating this process but I don't know how I would do that.

Petr

Bez virů. www.avg.com