Re: Workaround for (not-allowed) numbers in variable names?

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Workaround for (not-allowed) numbers in variable names?
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 11:50:40 +0000

Yes, it's documented in the Notation Reference Manual section 3.1.5 File Structure. It doesn't seem the obvious place to put the syntax of variable names.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:lilypond@ptoye.com
www.ptoye.com

-------------------------

j.tamura@me.com>
lilypond-user@gnu.org>
> Subject: Re: Workaround for (not-allowed) numbers in variable names?

> Wow! This is something I’ve been looking for for a long time. Is this documented somewhere?

> Best regards,

> Jun
> https://imslp.org/wiki/User:Jun_T <https://imslp.org/wiki/User:Jun_T>

>> 2021/03/06 18:09、Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com>のメール:

>> On Fri, 2021-03-05 at 10:15 -0800, Mogens Lemvig Hansen wrote:
>>> I believe it was David K who made this magic work:
>>>
>>> \version "2.20.0"
>>>
>>> mus.1 = { c d e }
>>>
>>> \score {
>>>   \new Staff { \mus.1 }
>>> }
>>>

>> This can be extended to cover the case where a variable has two numbers
>> associated with it:

>> 8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><
>> \version "2.20.0"
>>
>> Movement.1.Staff.1 = { c d e }
>> Movement.1.Staff.2 = { c' d' e' }
>> Movement.2.Staff.1 = { f g a }
>> Movement.2.Staff.2 = { f' g' a' }
>> \score {
>>   <<
>>     \new Staff { \Movement.1.Staff.1 }
>>     \new Staff { \Movement.1.Staff.2 }
>>   >>

>> }
>> \score {
>>   <<
>>   \new Staff { \Movement.2.Staff.1 }
>>     \new Staff { \Movement.2.Staff.2 }
>>   >>

>> }

>> 8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><

>> (cautionary note: I haven't examined the code or docs on this, but it
>> seems a dot before and after will do the trick mid-word and a single
>> dot at end of word)

>> A decade or so ago I resorted to converting all the numbers to Roman
>> numerals using a C routine that's knocking around on the interweb...
>> time I upgraded that.

>> Richard Shann

>>> Regards,

>>> stefano.franchi@gmail.com