Re: Workaround for (not-allowed) numbers in variable names?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Workaround for (not-allowed) numbers in variable names?
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 10:29:36 +0100

田村淳 <j.tamura@me.com> writes:

> Thank you!
>
> Now I understand that keys separated by periods, for example,
> StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing.basic-distance = #7
> is a way to access a nested alist easily.

Yes, and it has been like that a long time.  Being able to access it
with

\StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing.basic-distance

is a newer development and I am not really sure that (for this alist) it
works in contexts where you could make use of it.  For music
expressions, it does work in the basic use case.

--
David Kastrup