Custom slurs

From: Vaylor Trucks
Subject: Custom slurs
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 20:51:46 -0400

I really need to find a way to drop in an unterminated custom length slur that extends past a barline.

I cannot use a hidden note to terminate the slur. The piece in question has a bar followed by 2 percent repeat bars. If I use the hidden note, Lilypond places it in the first of the 2 percent repeat bars, and even though I specify it takes no space (sn16*0) it still causes the 2 percent repeat bars to be of unequal size, which the composer wants to avoid.

The thing that would make me the happiest in the world if I could just drop in a markup underneath a note that takes a length value for how long I want the slur to be - but at this point I am willing to try anything that does not otherwise interfere with spacing.

Thanks,
Vaylor