Re: Custom slurs

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Custom slurs
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 19:38:56 -0700

On 2021-03-23 6:41 pm, Andrew Bernard wrote:
I suggest using the shape functions in the OpenLilyLib library.

Or it sounds like a laissez vibrer slur maybe. You can use the
\extendLV function that is somewhere on LSR. If not, I can post it.

That's LSR 715 [1] in particular.

[1]: https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=715

Below is an updated version of the function that I imagine would be easier to use in practice. Plus it fixes an issue where the extended LV would be too close to the note.

%%%%
\version "2.22.0"

%% Based on https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=715
%% Updated syntax for 2.20+
%% Embedded \laissezVibrer within the music function
%% Also using \tweak style instead of \once \override
%% Included the default note-head-gap (0.2) in computation
extendedLaissezVibrer =
#(define-music-function
  (further)
  (number?)
  #{ \tweak X-extent #'(0 . 0)
     \tweak details.note-head-gap #(- 0.2 (/ further 2))
     \tweak extra-offset #(cons (/ further 2) 0)
     \laissezVibrer #})

\fixed c' { \time 3/4
  \repeat percent 2 {
    b2 c'4