Re: How to make jazz-like leadsheets without melody, only chords, and te

From: stefano franchi
Subject: Re: How to make jazz-like leadsheets without melody, only chords, and text?
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 09:18:54 -0500

Thanks Robert for another solution---the slash marks look even better in your rendition.

Any suggestions on how to achieve my second goal, the multi-bar lines with the initial text?

In the example I posted it was the scale degree indication and chord type(I7, IV7, etc,), but the text could be different, of course.
Am I correct that I should be looking into "Text spanners" to achieve that effect? I find lilypond a great and super versatil tool to work with, but learning the proper terms to properly interact with the documentation and the archives is quite a challenge.

Cheers,

S.