Re: issues with installing Lilypond

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: issues with installing Lilypond
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 12:44:03 -0600

When you download the file, you should probably right click it instead of double clicking, to get the option to run the file, either as a user or as administrator. That will kick off a one-time installation, basically unzipping it. The result will be, as Tim says, a command line program. I strongly recommend installing Frescobaldi as a graphic front end to Lilypond, followed by a good read of the Lilypond Learning Manual.

HTH,

Colin