Re: Magnetic snap and whiteout on LyricText: warnings

From: Jiří Hon
Subject: Re: Magnetic snap and whiteout on LyricText: warnings
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 09:27:22 +0200

Hi Jean and Werner,

Thank you very much for this snippet. It brings the lyrics closer to perfection.

Jirka

On 06. 06. 23 16:43, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
Le mardi 06 juin 2023 à 15:56 +0200, Simon Albrecht a écrit :
Hi Jean, hi Werner,

On 05.06.23 22:28, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
Well, for my defense, I did also post a revised version of the
“magnetic lyrics” snippet:

https://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user@gnu.org/msg149201.html
<https://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user@gnu.org/msg149201.html>

thanks for that pointer and your contributions. I reviewed that thread,
since I had only noticed at the time that your, Jean’s, initial design
wasn’t production-ready and not gotten around to following up…

Based on that, and on successful test on one (!) current score I was
working on, I submitted the snippet to LSR as no. 1169 (pending
approval) in the attached form. I hope that this is in your interest, as
well as that of users who may find it there.

I also hope that LSR admins will review the ‘headers’ within the snippet
code, namely the way you two are being credited and the list archive is
being referred to.

I've approved it.

I replaced the ellipses in the email addresses with the full addresses; there
is no point in hiding them since they are given publicly on the list archives.

Best,
Jean