Re: How to make a blank page

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: How to make a blank page
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:56:48 +0200

Le dimanche 11 juin 2023 à 14:41 +0100, Paul McKay a écrit :
Hi
I'm engraving a piece in two sections. The first section fits on one page and the second one is rather longer and requires 2 pages. I would like the pdf to have a blank page at the start because I often view pdf's with 2 pages side by side. All my searches have not helped. My minimum not-working example is:

\version "2.24.0"
\language "en"

You probably meant \language "english"

myScore = \score { \relative { c'4 d e f g }}
\pageBreak
\myScore

My understanding of the documentation says that this ought to produce an initial blank page.

I would be curious to understand what section of the documentation you are reading and why you believe it implies this.

\pageBreak means "the element before and the element after must not be on the same page". In this case, there is no element before, so nothing to do for \pageBreak.

You can achieve what you're after with

myScore = ...

\markup ""
\pageBreak