Re: How to make a blank page

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: How to make a blank page
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 00:15:25 +0200

Hi Paul,

On 11.06.23 15:41, Paul McKay wrote:
A solution which would also allow me to insert a blank space between scores (so I could begin a 2nd movement on an even-numbered page) would be good, but my current request is just for an initial one.

Jean already gave one solution, another common one would be to use a blank bookpart (each bookpart always starts on a new page).

\version "2.24.0"

\bookpart { \markup \null }
\bookpart { \score { c' } }
\bookpart { \markup "Page intentionally left blank for page-turning purposes." }
\bookpart { \score { d' } }

I don’t quite know what you mean by referring to the even-numbered page; maybe this could help: <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/other-paper-variables#paper-variables-for-page-numbering>, especially the note at the bottom regarding odd/even.

Hope that helps,
Simon