Re: How to make a blank page

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: How to make a blank page
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 11:43:29 +0200

Hello Silvain,

it might help to understand that \pageBreak is not an instruction to insert a
pageBreak. Think of \noPageBreak: This is a token that prevents a pageBreak to
happen at the given place. Similarly \pageBreak is a token that enforces a
pageBreak to happen at the given place (in other words the token must not
happen within one page).

Now, if you have

[ page1 ]
\pageBreak
[ page2 ]

and [page1] and [page2] are already two different pages the \pageBreak will not
do anything, as there already is a pageBreak. This is similar to how adding
\break at a line break will not cause an empty line. I’d suggest you do

\pageBreak
\markup\null
\pageBreak

The first \pageBreak will ensure that a new page is started, the second
guarantees that the follwing content starts on a new page. All in all this
will create an empty page, no matter where you insert it. You can even do a
function for this:

emptyPage =
#(define-scheme-function () ()
   (collect-music-aux add-score #{ \pageBreak #})
   (add-text (markup #:null))
   (collect-music-aux add-score #{ \pageBreak #}))

\emptyPage
\markup "a"
\emptyPage
\markup "b"