Re: Grace note spacing & alignment in score

From: Lib Lists
Subject: Re: Grace note spacing & alignment in score
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 18:54:01 +0200

Hi,
Here is a hack, and among the various things to be fixed, the beam
thickness of the fake grace notes needs to be checked more carefully
against the 'real' grace notes. I calculated the starting point of the
fake grace according to the percussion part, so it begins on the
upbeat of the 3rd beat. Another possibility is to use tuplets, but the
results are pretty much the same. I'm not a Lilypond expert, so
probably there are better solutions to this issue.
Cheers,
Lib

\version "2.25.5"

RHpianonotes = {
  \time 2/2
  \clef bass

  \relative c {
    \transposition c'
    \stemUp \change Staff = "lower" \grace { d,32( a' bes \change
Staff = "upper" \stemDown e f fis} a8) \stemNeutral r8 r2*1/4
    \stemUp \change Staff = "lower" \override Beam.length-fraction =
1.1 \magnifyMusic 0.70  { d,,32*12/6[( a' bes \change Staff = "upper"
{ \stemDown e f fis]}} a8) \stemNeutral r8
    r2*1/4 \stemUp \change Staff = "lower" \magnifyMusic 0.70  {
d,,32*12/6[( a' bes \change Staff = "upper" { \stemDown e f fis]}} a8)
\stemNeutral r8  r4

LHpianonotes = {
  \time 2/2
  \clef bass
  \relative c {
    \grace{s8.} s1*2

bassnotes = {
  \relative c {
    \clef bass
    \time 2/2
    \transposition c
    \grace{s8.} fis'8->( f) d4 r8  \clef tenor a'8 b[ a]
    \tuplet 3/2 {c[->( b) a]} eis8. fis16 d4 r8 cis8~

\score{
  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      %  \override SpacingSpanner.strict-grace-spacing = ##f

  <<
    \new PianoStaff
    <<
      \new Staff = "upper" {\RHpianonotes}