Re: Vertical Spacing with Tuplets and Lyrics

From: Lib Lists
Subject: Re: Vertical Spacing with Tuplets and Lyrics
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 23:44:47 +0300

On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 at 22:18, Mogens Lemvig Hansen <mogens@kayju.com> wrote:

> It struck we as weird to put the lyrics inside the DrumStaff, so I tried
> something closer to what I would have done for a choir:
>
> \score {
>
>   <<
>
>     \new DrumStaff <<
>
>       \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \CyBars }
>
>       \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \DrBars }
>
>     >>

>     \new Lyrics { \PrOne }
>
>   >>

> }
>

> Looks better to my eye.
>

> Regards,
>
> Mogens

Yet if the lyrics are something as:

PrOne = \lyricmode {
  \override LyricText.self-alignment-X = #LEFT
  \skip 1 "Lyrics for introduction"1
  \skip 2 "Lyrics for introduction"2
  \skip 1. "Lyrics for introduction"2
  \skip 1. "Lyrics for introduction"2
  \skip 1. "Lyrics for introduction"2
}

They still clash with the tuplet bracket.

I think the problem is caused by Lilypond putting too many systems on
the page (have no idea why). The verbose output says
'warning: compressing over-full page by 15.2 staff-spaces
warning: page 1 has been compressed'.

I added \paper { max-systems-per-page = 12 } and it seems to work as it should.

Cheers,
Lib