Re: Vertical Spacing with Tuplets and Lyrics

From: Stu McKenzie
Subject: Re: Vertical Spacing with Tuplets and Lyrics
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 14:19:16 -0700

On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 at 22:18, Mogens Lemvig Hansen <mogens@kayju.com> wrote:
It struck we as weird to put the lyrics inside the DrumStaff, so I tried
something closer to what I would have done for a choir:

\score {

   <<

     \new DrumStaff <<

       \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \CyBars }

       \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \DrBars }

     \new Lyrics { \PrOne }

}

Looks better to my eye.

Regards,

Mogens
Yet if the lyrics are something as:

PrOne = \lyricmode {
   \override LyricText.self-alignment-X = #LEFT
   \skip 1 "Lyrics for introduction"1
   \skip 2 "Lyrics for introduction"2
   \skip 1. "Lyrics for introduction"2
   \skip 1. "Lyrics for introduction"2
   \skip 1. "Lyrics for introduction"2
}

They still clash with the tuplet bracket.

I think the problem is caused by Lilypond putting too many systems on
the page (have no idea why). The verbose output says
'warning: compressing over-full page by 15.2 staff-spaces
warning: page 1 has been compressed'.

I added \paper { max-systems-per-page = 12 } and it seems to work as it should.

Cheers,
Lib