[Linphone-users] Linphone-users] recompile problem (now sound)

From: Walt Shekrota
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone-users] recompile problem (now sound)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:55:02 -0400

Ok I went back to ground zero on my 2 local machines
fresh recompile after uninstall and make clean
(did not use --enable-alsa on either side configure)
connections happen when invoked both ways fine
from the SuSE 8.0 -> SuSE 7.2 system audio is fine
but when called the other way ie 7.2 -> 8.0 the connection happens but audio
does not work!
Both linphones have automatically kill sound apps when soundcard in use
checked and ethernet type connection locally.
The (local) dialout sound and (otherside) ringing sounds work in both
directions but I assume that has little to do with the audio transport for
voice.
So you there have it bottom line is audio fails in one direction and not
other while all else appears normal. (maybe alsa problem with SuSE 8.0?)
Hey it works fine for all other apps .... especially ohphone.

--
Walt Shekrota
Raleigh, NC 27609 USA