Re: [Linphone-users] DTMF on linux 64-bit system

From: qpowhmr02
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] DTMF on linux 64-bit system
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 10:27:10 GMT

Ashok Hirpara:
> It is working for me using RTP RFC2883. I don't know much about it
> using SIP INFO

Here (using RTP RFC2883 also) sometimes it works, and sometimes it
doesn't. I believe that it has to do with the (minimum) length of the
DTMF tone that the system at the other end needs in order to identify
it. Is the length of the produced tone user-configurable or where can I
change it in the sources?

I have temporarily solved the problem the low-tech (a.k.a. 20th
century) way, by attaching a handheld tone dialer to the mic. I bought
this dialer long time ago and am not even sure if it's still
available, but it works every time. Any better solutions?