Re: [Linphone-users] ADSL modem crash when using linphone-2.0.0

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] ADSL modem crash when using linphone-2.0.0
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:50:04 +0100

Hello,

Obviously this is a modem problem.
Whatever linphone does, even if it does the worst SIP things of the world, the
LiveBox must not crash. It's a major security flaw. Imagine that somebody
could decide to crash all livebox of the world simply sending a REGISTER
message generated with linphone ? Too easy !
My freebox (from the french provider free.fr ) does not crash when I use
linphone-2.0.0 (however it has other problems related to ADSL connection, I'm
not saying that the freebox is better than Orange's LiveBox).
You should report this problem to Orange, I have no doubt that they'll give a
try and fix it by updating the firmware.

Regards,

Simon