[Linphone-users] Re: Internal mic not working with, linphone (but with o

From: Florian Hollerweger
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: Internal mic not working with, linphone (but with other apps)
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:19:43 +0000

> OK, what is the output of
> arecord | aplay ?

Silence :) Both audible and visual silence, i.e. no error messages.

> It would be interesting if you had here an external mic...

Ah, yes, I tried that yesterday (cannot right now), and it was the same
situation as with the internal one.

> Could you also try:
> arecord --device=hw:0,0 --format=S16_LE --channels=2 | aplay

This *does* work with the internal mic.

> I don't know how other apps work, maybe through oss ?!?

No no, I use Pd, Ardour, Audacity, etc. all successfully with ALSA. I
really think ALSA as such is working ok, but that the device selection
is the issue. Having said that, even if I select "HDA Intel" (which I
*know* is my internal soundcard) as the capture device in linphone, I do
not get it to work.

best,
flo.H