[Linphone-users] linphone-android with signal 7

From: laasa
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphone-android with signal 7
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 07:21:52 +0200

Hi,

since some days I am trying to build my own linphone-android package.
The reason is that the camera of kindle fire HD has any problems (same situation on 2 kindle fire HD) and I hoped to be able to fix it.
After some hours I was successfully with compilation and got "my own" package.
But when I am running the package on my Kindl Fire HD it crashes on the start of each SIP session (when opening audio).

The build environment is
- linphone-android sources from git (git clone git://git.linphone.org/linphone-android.git --recursive)
- Ubuntu 12.04 64 Bit
- NDK r9d/10
- SDK r23.0.2
- Android API20/API19/API18

So I have checked different API versions without success.
I've checked also to run this package on S3MINI without success.

linphone is crashing with signal 7 oder signal 11.
Mostly the crashes pointed to AudioRecord::start and AudioTrack::start.
If necessary I can send the full crashdumps.
Debugging via ndk-gdb show (me) no way to change the situation.

When I change the existing code like this

   status_t AudioRecord::start(AudioSystem::sync_event_t event, int triggerSession){
    ms_message("starting audio record on [%p]",mThis);
    return false;
//    return mImpl->mStart.invoke(mThis,event,triggerSession);
    }

    void AudioTrack::start(){
//        mImpl->mStart.invoke(mThis);
    }

no more crashes happens but of course no noises are transported from microphone and to speakers.

The older versions of linphone-android (e.g. 1.1.6 and 1.3.2) are running but have other problems.

Thanks for any help.
Laasa.