Re: [Linphone-users] Why Android (Oreo) phones, are actually less reliab

From: Juha Heinanen
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Why Android (Oreo) phones, are actually less reliable with TCP vs. UDP
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 15:38:06 +0200

Brian J. Murrell writes:

> Don't spread FUD.  FCM does not (have to) tell Google the content or
> even metadata of your Linphone calls.  It merely wakes Linphone up.

It is Linphone that is woken up, Google knows that I'm receiving a call
or message.  Even that is too much for me.  If Google would like to be
open, they would allow people to run their own push servers.  But even
then, I would not like to use one due to the extra delay and complexity
it introduces.

-- Juha