Re: [Linphone-users] I have never seen Linphone actually work

From: Kate Draven
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] I have never seen Linphone actually work
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 08:06:59 -0400

I really don't get what everyone is talking about. It's actually very simple.
Perhaps it's a MS and Apple thing?
I've been using linphone for years without problems.
I have people with no computer experience setting it up in about 30 mins with
some basic help.

What OS/Distro is everyone running. I did see lots of problems with most
ubuntus.

Kate

> ---X6nD+Vt/xvjztDt/+204
>
> It seems that one needs to be skilled at computer programming to use
> the Linphone interface successfully.  That is my point here... I am not
> a code savvy person. I just need an interface that allows me to make
> phone calls. Once you start telling me that I have to troubleshoot the
> code to make it work then I am lost.  This is definitely not a
> user-friendly application.
>
> Ken
>
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 7:50 PM, Ken <aloha@alphaomega.to> wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 6:26 PM, Gerard Vanderveken <gerard@ghia.eu>
> > wrote:
> >> Hi Ken,
> >>
> >> It is a kind of Zip file. Use 7-zip or équivalent to extract the
> >> file.
> >>
> >> Rename the resulting file eventual with addition of .txt for more
> >> convience and/or open it with a text viewer/editor.
> >>

> >> Your file is perfect readable, but i'm not qualified enough to
> >> interpret the messages.
> >>
> > Neither am I...!
> >> Success,
> >>
> >> Gerard

> ---X6nD+Vt/xvjztDt/+204

computer programming to use the Linphone interface successfully. &nbsp;That
is my point here... I am not a code savvy person. I just need an interface
that allows me to make phone calls. Once you start telling me that I have to
troubleshoot the code to make it work then I am lost. &nbsp;This is
definitely not a user-friendly
dir="auto"><br>On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 7:50 PM, Ken
&lt;aloha@alphaomega.to&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote type="cite"><div
dir="auto"><br>On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 6:26 PM, Gerard Vanderveken
&lt;gerard@ghia.eu&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote type="cite"><meta
http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
file.</p>
convience and/or open it with a text viewer/editor.</p>
type="cite">
solid; margin: 0">
href="https://www.linphone.org:444//tmp/5ef5c6eb0fdd3_74c9f6588f30603e9d37.gz";
target="_blank" rel="noopener
not sure about what to do?</span></div>
Gerard Vanderveken &lt;gerard@ghia.eu&gt; wrote:<br>
solid; margin: 0">
0;">
to be very intuitive or helpful in directing the user in this regard. There
is no dial pad or audible feedback. I see something that looks like the
search bar for a web browser... Am I supposed to enter the number that I want
to call into this bar? I try that and it appears to be trying to connect the
call although there is no dial tone or audible ringing, just some dots that
spin in a circle and then the call attempt appears to time out. &nbsp;I have
to assume all of this because there are no messages or feedback from the UI
that tells me what it is or isn't doing. &nbsp;I have no idea of what is
happening or why the call does not connect. &nbsp;That is about all that I
can tell you.</div>
but that is about all that I can tell you.</div>
Kate Draven &lt;borgqueen4@gmail.com&gt; wrote:<br>
0;">
June 2020, Ken wrote:
0;">I just installed the 4.2 beta "App Image" version of Linphone on my Linux
Mint Desktop with the hope that I might actually be able to make calls with
it from my personal, Xeloq, SIP account. The account will register but I have
never been able to make a call. It is amusing to see all of the highly
detailed technical questions being posted here and I can sympathize with the
users because I have never been able to get the blinking thing to work at
all.</blockquote>
> ok strange because I use it all the time with no problems. Parts LFS and
PCLOS with Trinity DE. What exactly are the symptoms? Thanks, Kate
rel="noreferrer">Linphone-users@nongnu.org</a><br><a
target="_blank" rel="noopener
noreferrer">https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/linphone-users</a></div>
mailing list<br><a