liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] 5.5.0 pre-release ready for testing

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] 5.5.0 pre-release ready for testing
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 23:14:40 +0200

Hi everybody,

I finally managed to make a snapshot which is a pretty good image of
what 5.5.0 will be like.

The big missing things are:
- up-to-date documentation
- some French stuff
- windows and dos ports
- a bunch of stuff on my web site

But the basic stuff is here, that's to say I've set up a "meta-server"
system which allows liquid war servers to register themselves.
There's currently a "meta-server" running, you can find it on
http://www.ufoot.org/metaserver/
and I also keep a liquid war server running on my computer (horizon).

To connect yourself on this server, you'll need to download and compile
the following snapshot:
http://www.ufoot.org/archive/liquidwar-5.4.5cvs20020529.tar.gz
You can also get it with CVS on savannah, the tag is "s-20020529".

To test the new stuff:
Net Game -> Search for Internet games -> Refresh -> Join now

So if you have the time to try it, go ahead, and do not hesitate to
report bugs or make suggestions. 5.5.0 is not released yet 8-)
Unfortunately, this snapshot is only available for Linux users. Point is
I do not really have time to package a Windows binary right now.

Oh, yes, I was about to forget: this snapshot includes Tim's last tunes!
And I followed Frode's advice: the "Teams" menu has been updated.

Have fun.

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit