lmi

[lmi] Using temporary std::filesystem replacement?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] Using temporary std::filesystem replacement?
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 17:41:18 +0200

 Hello,

 I've stumbled upon something which looks like a very complete and rather
well-tested implementation of std::filesystem supporting MSW (as well as
Linux and macOS):

        https://github.com/gulrak/filesystem

 Considering that MinGW-w64 project still doesn't have anything close to
a working std::fs implementation, I wonder if we could use this until it
adds it? I think depending on a single (although admittedly big) header
which is maintained to be compilable with modern C++17 compilers and could
be just removed without changing any code using it in the future when
std::fs does become available, would be a much better idea than continuing
to depend on the ancient version of the Boost.Filesystem library.

 What do you think?
VZ