lout-users

Re: Buffer overflow in the StringQuotedWord() function

From: Matěj Cepl
Subject: Re: Buffer overflow in the StringQuotedWord() function
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:28:59 +0200

Reinoud Zandijk píše v Čt 22. 10. 2020 v 10:54 +0200:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 03:37:15AM +0000, William Bader wrote:
> A shared repository would be handy indeed. If don't know if
> github is a good idea since it can frament a lot but it needs
> a maintainer/shared git account so it doesn't get lost.

Fear of fragmentation is largely exaggerated: if there is one
obvious central repository (e.g.,
https://github.com/jeffrey-kingston/lout or
https://github.com/lout/lout) with somebody really taking care
of it (so pull requests are reviewed and merged in the
reasonable amount of time), then I don’t see much temptation to
fragment the project. And it is certainly easier with the GitHub
tools to follow all forks from one project, then to search for
random SVN repos all over the Internet.

And yes, I would prefer gitlab.com, but that’s immaterial for
this argument.

Best,

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Books aren't written - they're rewritten. Including your own. It
is one of the hardest things to accept, especially after the
seventh rewrite hasn't quite done it.
  -- Michael Crichton, alluding to Steele MacKaye (1889) article
     where he said this about theater plays.