lout-users

Re: Buffer overflow in the StringQuotedWord() function

From: William Bader
Subject: Re: Buffer overflow in the StringQuotedWord() function
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 22:55:28 +0000

The attached patch should fix both of the CVEs.
The one in StringQuotedWord was more complicated because it was due to a string longer than MAX_BUFF, and when I fixed the access there, other places had errors.
The one in srcnext needed only an extra test in a loop.
I tested the manual in doc/user before and after, and the only differences seemed to be places that embedded the current time.
Regards, William