lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #57346] TCP stop working

From: Hubert Sack
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #57346] TCP stop working
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 04:30:41 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
            lwIP version: CVS Head

Details:

The following text references the attached picture where my test environment
is drawn. I did 6 tests - test 1 to 4 seems not to cause any problems. Test 5
and 6 results in stopping _any_ further TCP traffic
On both PC (#1 and #2) I startet "ping" during all tests
"Appl." on the PCs is my application, which establishes 2 TCP connections each
(drawn in red color)

Test 1:
1.) The "Appl." is _not_ running on either PC
2.) The network overview is shown on PC #1
3.) The network used for the connection is set to deactivated
4.) In result "ping" stops responding
5.) Some seconds later the network used for the connection is set to activated
again
6.) A little amount of time later "ping" response again

Test 2: Same as Test 1, but deactivating/reactivating is done on PC #2

Test 3:
1.) The "Appl." is running _only_ on PC #1
2.) The network overview is shown on PC #2
3.) The network used for the connection is set to deactivated
4.) In result "ping" stops responding
5.) Some seconds later the network used for the connection is set to activated
again
6.) A little amount of time later "ping" response again
7.) "Appl." on PC #1 is unaffected - working all the time

Test 4: Same as Test 3, but "Appl." running on PC #2 and
deactivating/reactivating is done on PC #1

Test 5:
1.) The "Appl." is running on _both_ PCs (#1 and #2)
2.) The network overview is shown on PC #2
3.) The network used for the connection is set to deactivated
4.) In result "Appl." on PC #2 _and_ PC #1 (yes, #1 !) stops working
5.) In result "ping" stops responding
6.) Some seconds later the network used for the connection is set to activated
again
7.) A little amount of time later "ping" response again
8.) "Appl." on _both_ PCs doesn't reconnect anymore

Test 6: Same as Test 5, but deactivating/reactivating is done on PC #1

My question: Is the reason causing this behaviour already known? And if, is
any solution or work arround existing?

File Attachments:

Date: Tue 03 Dec 2019 09:30:39 AM UTC  Name: Topology.png  Size: 303KiB   By:
hs4smd