lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #57346] TCP stop working

From: Hubert Sack
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #57346] TCP stop working
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 15:33:01 -0500 (EST)

Yes, I'm sure that this is something in lwIP. Why? Because "ping" is not
affected at all and I saw Dup ACK, Spurious Packets after returning the power
of switch B.

My application on PC #1, which should not being affected by cutting the
traffic to PC #2 (by power off the switch), disconnected after internal
timeout and tried to reconnect, but there was no answer from lwIP. As said
before, "ping" works the hole time without problems (even with no change of
the packet response time reported)

OK, I'll add a serial output for the ASSERT strings and capture them im puTTY.
At the moment I startet the target from within "Softconsole" and got no break
in any ASSERT

I didn't know that wireshark is so common. Because the behaviour is so easy to
reproduce in my testenvironment, I'll capture the behaviour when switching the
power of the switch and send it as pcap

I added "main" (.c and .h) and "lwipopts.h" of my application. You'll see, the
application is really very simple. In principle, one connection does just do
coping data from TCP to a buffer in the PLC Controller and vice versa.
An other connection reads a DP-RAM in the FPGA fabric and sends the data to
TCP

(file #47980, file #47981, file #47982)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: main.c                         Size:19 KB
    <https://savannah.nongnu.org/file/main.c?file_id=47980>

File name: main.h                         Size:2 KB
    <https://savannah.nongnu.org/file/main.h?file_id=47981>

File name: lwipopts.h                     Size:56 KB
    <https://savannah.nongnu.org/file/lwipopts.h?file_id=47982>

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?57346>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/