lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #57346] TCP stop working

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #57346] TCP stop working
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 15:46:18 -0500 (EST)

OK, so you're using netconn API. That means you can have a bunch of problems
when threading is done wrong.

>From your previous posts, I couldn't read ping is still working. Maybe you
should concentrate on one scenario that fails first instead of making too many
words that distract from the problem :-)

Your lwipopts.h is wrong. Seems like a copy of opt.h, but it should really
only be a file that overwrites the options you need to change.

Keeping all that aside, have you checked you don't run out of memory? A
perfect explanation would be that the TCP connections where the "wire" is
broken hog all buffers so that the remaining connections at some point just
cannot send anything.

To check that, you can print lwip_stats from your main task, e.g. every second
or so. I wouldn't have expected an ASSERT though.

I'm still not convinced this is a *bug* in lwIP.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?57346>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/