Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 help: Help!

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 help: Help!
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 09:16:19 +0900 (JST)

> there really is a PROBLEM around  configure .

Sorry, but I still do not grasp the problem.  Try explaining
again.  I'm just dense, I guess.

> you don't understand what i do: i don't do  install  at all.

?  If you don't do a "make install", how can you expect configure
to do that part of its job?

> > If you must have your own file in  ~/lynx28/lynx2-8 ,
> > then that should be on the command line or environment variable,
[...]
> why??  this wasn't a requirement with 2-7 & it's not intuitive.

It has always been a requirement that the location of lynx.cfg be
known to Lynx, whether that be compiled in by defining in userdefs.h,
provided as an environment variable, or fed on the command line.
(The configure option "--libdir" has *nothing* to do with this, and
only has meaning if you use configure to install.)

__Henry