Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 help: Help!

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 help: Help!
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 06:23:39 -0500 (EST)

> WHAT??!! -- ok, i'm over-reacting etc: TD is our current hero after all --
heros are temporary...

> BUT: if i understand this correctly -- hopefully i'm mistaken -- ,
> it is now (2-8) the case that
> (1)  configure  is the only supported method of compiling Lynx &
> (2) it does not allow users to specify at compile time
it allows you to specify in the configure script, e.g.,

        configure --libdir=$HOME/lib
        make install

to tell it that

        $HOME/lib/lynx.cfg

is the location of lynx.cfg (but the "lynx.cfg" isn't changeable - that
got lost in the changes made to fix LE's problems with the first implementation
of that option).  But by reducing it this way, both the program and the makefile
are using the same definitions.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden