Re: LYNX-DEV Re: 2.8pre.5: install-help

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: 2.8pre.5: install-help
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 08:46:30 -0500 (EST)

> I'm not sure what "200K" means.  If I move to the lynx_help installed by
> " make install-help" I see:
>       % du .
>       68      ./keystrokes
>       97      ./samples
>       164     ./test
>       534     .
We could install the help-files gzip'd (lynx understands that - are there
any restrictions?).  That would be something for post-2.8, though, since
it'd involve some more script work.

> I'm not sure why /samples and /test need to be there.  The  following is
> enough for me to get out the vacuum cleaner (=rm -rf):
>       %ls -l samples/lynx.cfg
>       -rw-r--r--  1 user    79504 Feb 13 22:53 samples/lynx.cfg
>
> I am still waiting for someone to tell me why we need "samples/lynx.cfg".
we can just drop it from the release
        (all in favor yell 'aye', all opposed 'nay').

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden