Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev21] patch: Cosmetic changes to internal pages

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev21] patch: Cosmetic changes to internal pages
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 12:19:43 +0100 (BST)

> * Printing and Download pages are divided into two sections: 'Default'
>   and 'External' (I need help here; I wasn't sure about the naming, so
>   these are just first guesses from non-native English speaker).

I would use "Standard" and "Local Additions".

>       <h1>You have reached...page<br>(Lynx Version ...)</h1>.

Although not actually illegal, I think this sets a bad precedent of
trying to force physical layout (even though one knows the target browser,
although not the screen width).  It is doing this with GUIs as targets that
is making pages more and more unreadable under Lynx.

>   The reason for this was to gain a line which was taken when <h2> is
>   used.

H2 is probably wrong as well; what's really wanted is an H1A, but there is
nothing comparable in HTML.

This was too small to justify the inconvenience of having to unzip it,
and in any case the content type is gzipped, not gunzipped.