lynx-dev DEC FTP site

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev DEC FTP site
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:35:36 -0500 (EST)

990129 Jim Spath wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 01:37:23PM -0800, Richard Schedler wrote:
>> There's a complete mirror of  ftp://www.slcc.edu/pub/lynx/
>> in  ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/net/infosys/lynx/ .
> We now have a great site to download from.
> I appreciate the voluntary cooperation by Digital/Compaq staff
> on behalf of the Lynx developers.
> Comments on improving the index.html in that tree are welcome
> (there are a bunch of broken links at the moment).

there's more than a bunch (grimace):
i get no sensible response using  ftp:// ;
 http://  gets the appropriate series of directories downto  /lynx ,
which is strictly HTML, with links to non-existent documents.
the whole thing is  c 2 yrs  out-of-date, ie the time of 2-7-1.

it's great to have DEC/Compaq on our side,
but they have to catch the ball & run a few yards with it too.