Re: lynx-dev Dead code tactics: call for comments

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dead code tactics: call for comments
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:35:35 -0500 (EST)

> Actually, the source is already under CVS.  The CVS tree just isn't
> publically available.

PRCS (but the same idea)

> > Of course, there's also the easiest solution of all,
> >
> > 5) "Nop."  Do nothing.  Who cares about a few K of binary or tarball?
> >    PRO: Easy.
> >    CON: The binary and tar file keep growing.
>
> There's a fallacy here.  The binary & tar file keep growing anyway,
> regardless of what you do.  You only propose to shrink them slightly
> before continuing.  What you mean is:

true (I found a long time ago that splitting a file into two pieces gives
two bigger files).

>      CON: We don't lower the bar slightly, before continuing to grow the
>           source and binary as we add new features in the future.
>
> >Bela<

but this is just a distraction - I'm more interested in finishing the
details for gettext and the HTSprintf conversion.  Then, depends on
Klaus/LP/etc (if I list, I'll miss), and we can talk about a new release.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden