Re: lynx-dev Another TagSoup problem

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Another TagSoup problem
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:05:35 +0900 (JST)

> Currently, due to <ul> interrupting <pre>, without -tagsoup one gets a
> mess.  Should it be so by default?

The html you quoted is a mess, and should be rendered as such IMO.

But, what do you mean by "default"?  I thought Lynx had only two parsers:
"relaxed (TagSoup mode)" and "strict (SortaSGML mode)".  AFAIK, these two
are a toggle, and neither is _the_ default.  The user chooses which one Lynx
should employ.  I would expect TagSoup mode to at least make an attempt at
rendering sloppy html, but SortaSGML mode should show it for the junk it is.

__Henry