Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching gmail in basic html?

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching gmail in basic html?
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 15:04:01 +0000

On 09/11/2019 04:00, Karen Lewellen wrote:
The thing is that roads seem to lead to the service log in page which rejects that which does not match  google's concept of JavaScript.

Although Javascript is loose terminology, which only really applies to the early Netscape implementation, I doubt that Google's concept of Javascript differs from the current industry understanding of it.

Javascript is a combination of a programming language and object models for both the browser and the document. Lynx definitely could not fully implement the last of these, as it's internal model of the document is fundamentally different from the model that the current HTML standards imply. However, I imagine your problem is more with the browser model.