Re: [Lynx-dev] Downloading mp2 files

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Downloading mp2 files
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 23:12:19 -0400 (EDT)

I will let the producers of the program know. Making sure content can be reached is important to public radio stations.
Kare

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020, aalinovi@riseup.net wrote:

Well, I think I've solved my problem and owe thanks and an apolgy to
Chime.

I have lynx set up so that links are numbered. What i was doing was
simply entering the number of the link which would start the download
and end in a core dump.

I now find that if I follow Chime's suggestion of tabbing down to the
link and pressing d the download works fine.

My apologies for wasting people's time on this and thanks to those who
responded.

aalinovi@riseup.net writes:
The "Blues Before Sunrise" ftp site (http://www.bluesbeforesunrise.org/)
offers both mp2 and mp3 files for download.

With mp3 lynx gives me the option of downloading or cancelling.

With mp2 lynx does not give a choice but simply goes thru the motions of
downloading the file and then abruptly dies with "Abort trap (core
dumped).

I found something in the archives back in 1999 where someone seemed to
have a similar problem but whatever worked for him doesn't work for me.

If it matters, I'm running OpenBSD 6.7 on a ThinkPad x220 lynx version
2.8.9rel.1.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you