Re: [Lynx-dev] File Collisions

From: Martin McCormick
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] File Collisions
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 10:41:35 -0500

        Thank you to everybody who responded to my question about
duplicate file names and a possible random extension to
automatically keep that from happening.  There is an old saying
that if you make the gods angry enough, they grant your wish.

        The mechanism that lynx has of stopping on the collision
until you change the name is not a bad thing at all.  I was
simply seeing if I had missed anything.

        In the process, it looks like I have gotten bounced off
the list as I read several replies from individual list members
but haven't seen a new message from this list, itself since
 February 15 which corresponds to the
severe cold snap experienced in the middle of the United States
in which there were power interruptions.  We had none here but
there were some in Texas where the mail gateway for our internet
service provider lives and points in between so
no telling what may have happened due to intermittent connections.

        I have sent a subscribe request plus a "help" request to
the address indicated on all messages from the list and the
silence is deafening, not even so much as a bounce message.

        Other email, here, from lists and individuals is normal
so hopefully, I can get back on the list again soon.

        Anyway, thanks to all for the answers and for
accidentally pointing out a problem which I didn't even know
existed.

Martin McCormick