[Lynx-dev] Missing First Letter?

From: Chime Hart
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Missing First Letter?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 09:09:42 -0700 (PDT)

Well, this seems strange? On my local machine running the latest Debian Lynx2.9.0 dev6. When reading sites such as Politico, many times a first letter of aword is missing. Many times this surrounds a bracketed link, but more often, its a first word of a line. Speakup seems to realize there is a symbol as it makes a sound as I arrow over it. Has any1 ever seen this? Do I need to switch to another charactor set? I also notice if the page has no html, then it is seemingly perfect. Some lines of these Politico pages end with a carrot j. Thanks so much in advance for any guidance or items I can change.
Chime