m4-discuss

Re: Having Trouble with m4 Input (m4 version 1.4.13)

From: Tom Browder
Subject: Re: Having Trouble with m4 Input (m4 version 1.4.13)
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 15:02:41 -0500

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 14:38, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 09/03/2010 12:31 PM, Tom Browder wrote:
>>
>> However, can anyone point to a good source of "practical" m4 macros
>> outside the autoconf arena?  I looked at several but I didn't see any
>> plain text processing macros outside autoconf use.

Okay, thanks to all for your help.  I now have a working solution
which auto-generates a C header by inserting file contents as the
values of a C '#define' macro.  I could have probably done in it Perl
much more easily, but it's driven by a Makefile in an autotools
environment.  I guess I could have done it in bash or sh too, but it
probably would be much uglier.

Regards,

-Tom

Thomas M. Browder, Jr.