m4-discuss

Re: Having Trouble with m4 Input (m4 version 1.4.13)

From: Tom Browder
Subject: Re: Having Trouble with m4 Input (m4 version 1.4.13)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 07:25:54 -0500

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 05:49, Tom Browder <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 01:58, Gary V. Vaughan <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Here is an ealy draft for an article I wrote for `Linux User & Developer'

Gary, I enjoyed the article.  I particularly liked the code to show
how to avoid the cpp include problem of having to read all included
files even with the cpp include guard macros in place.

Questions:

1.  How close is m4 version 2.0 to being released (I think I saw there
are just a few bugs left)?

2.  Has there been any interest shown in an extension for gcc to use the m4-cpp?

I have a fairly large C++ code base I maintain that I would love to
try the m4-cpp on when version 2 is ready.  Also, the BRL-CAD project
(http://brlcad.org) I keep up with has a huge C and C++ code base that
would benefit greatly (as I'm sure many others would, too).

Regards,

-Tom

Thomas M. Browder, Jr.
Niceville, Florida