m4-discuss

Re: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/gm4: unrecognized option

From: Richard Sinclair
Subject: Re: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/gm4: unrecognized option `--gnu'
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 15:18:45 +0100

The version is GNU M4 1.4.6. Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation,
Inc. I’ve reported this on the phalcon forum and awaiting response. They
are fans of brew and macports which I am trying to steer away from. They
have previously stated one of their dev team using OS X to build.

I’m questioning my reasoning for OS X as I write. I’ll see if I can get a
hand from the OS X dev community. It is likely this version of m4 goes
back to OS X mavericks or even back to snow leopard.

Thanks for the link! I’ll go right ahead and give that a try too.

Am thanking you.