m4-discuss

Re: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/gm4: unrecognized option

From: Richard Sinclair
Subject: Re: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/gm4: unrecognized option `--gnu'
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 18:05:18 +0100

I successfully compiled and installed 1.4.17 in osx yosemite /usr/local.

After redirecting the installer to this version of m4/gm4 I made
successful compilation if the php extension in OSX yosemite.

The development/production platform and I think unspoken/intended platform
for the extension I compiled is ubuntu 14.04LTS.

The use of option -gnu is not possible in GNU M4 1.4.6 (The version OS X
Yosemite uses).

Thank you.