mailman

Re: My mail is not listed in qemu-devel ML

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: My mail is not listed in qemu-devel ML
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 11:39:40 -0600

I found half of the logs for those messages.  Four of the earlier ones
from June 3rd were classified as spam and automatically discarded.
Unfortunatley the detail logs showing the spam points assigned to each
have already been expired.  Therefore I am unable to tell now exactly
why they were classified as such when they were originally processed.

There are several dynamic classifications for each message that may
change.  One is DNSBL listings.  Another are the Bayes learning
engines.  Both of those are trained on error and will correct over
time as messages are processed and errors are corrected.  I suspect it
was some combination of those things that pushed the messages into
categorizing as spam.  We (the listhelper team) review the spam
messages for false positives but as you can imagine there are many
spam messages and we are only human and sometimes miss seeing false
positives and that seems to be what happened here.  We missed seeing
them and therefore did not correct the earlier messages.  One of the
later ones was seen and your address put into the allow list.

I'll re-post the ones from the 3rd and 4th so that they go to the list
and archive.  As Ian said your later messages go through now because
your email address is now in the approved list.

Thank you for writing to us and asking about this situation.  It's
only through feedback that we can correct mistakes and make
improvements. :-)

Bob