Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Patch to add Mac OS X app command line option

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Patch to add Mac OS X app command line option
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 04:42:12 +0000

   Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 21:12:34 -0700
   From: Chris Hanson <address@hidden>

   I don't understand why this is needed.  I regularly use the same
   binary from the command line and from an application.  The only
   difference is that I install the command-line code in /usr/local/bin
   and the library in /usr/local/lib/mit-scheme-x86-64.  Is this because
   you're trying to run this code directly from the application?

If one runs

/Applications/mit-scheme.app/Contents/Resources/mit-scheme

then the microcode sets the working directory to be one's home
directory after parsing command-line options.  Consequently, for
instance, if there is a band foo.com in the current working directory,
passing `--band foo.com' fails in an obscure way.

Perhaps the intent is for users never to look inside mit-scheme.app,
but contrariwise, it may be handy to have all of MIT Scheme, including
the command-line interface, in a single bundle, which is what this
patch enables.