Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Patch to add Mac OS X app command line option

From: Eric Christopherson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Patch to add Mac OS X app command line option
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 14:20:46 -0500

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Chris Hanson <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't understand why this is needed.  I regularly use the same
> binary from the command line and from an application.  The only
> difference is that I install the command-line code in /usr/local/bin
> and the library in /usr/local/lib/mit-scheme-x86-64.  Is this because
> you're trying to run this code directly from the application?

Yes, I am. This all started when I downloaded the 9.0.1 binary, which
only provides the app and not the bits to put in /usr/local. It hadn't
occurred to me that, when compiling from source, I could make an app
*and* install in /usr/local.

However, I think it would be desirable to be able to install the
binaries in one place and be able to use them as either an app or on
the command line.