[MIT-Scheme-devel] IMAIL

From: Peter BARABAS
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] IMAIL
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 11:45:04 +0100

Hello,

I'd be happy to replace my current MUA with something which could be hacked on in Scheme. I configured IMAIL last weekend and played a bit with it. I managed to read e-mails on Gmail.

I couldn't find a way to send e-mails however, even after digging through the sources. Am I right in supposing that the functionality isn't there yet? Are there plans to implement it? (I think one can either use an SMTP library or rely on sendmail (on Unix). Which one would you prefer?) I checked todo.txt in the imail folder, but there were no mentions about sending e-mails.

Also, if there are low hanging fruits regarding MIT-SCHEME hacking, I'd happy in trying to help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter.