Re: [Mldonkey-users] view files

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] view files
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 19:17:43 +0100

Le Sun, 1 Dec 2002 14:43:53 +0100, Rune <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I'd rather not have people looking at my files (at least not without some
> sort of authorization).  Can anyone tell me what to comment out in the
> source?

I think it's handled by that code, in donkeyClient.ml:

  | M.ViewFilesReq t when !has_upload = 0 ->
      let files = DonkeyShare.all_shared () in
      (*
      Printf.printf "ASK VIEW FILES"; print_newline ();
      *)
      direct_client_send_files sock files

Replacing that by
  | M.ViewFilesReq t when !has_upload = 0 ->
      Printf.printf "ASK VIEW FILES"; print_newline ();

should work (and display a message in the core output when it receives
an attempt).

But I don't know if it's a good feature for an official client. At
first I was neutral on the question, but Tanuki's speech against
hiding file lists convinced me:

http://forums.edonkey2000.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=44106