[Mldonkey-users] Re: view files

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: view files
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 00:39:34 +0100

Rune <address@hidden> wrote:

> Personally, I think that it is a question of privacy.  I'm on a static
> ip, so you basically only need to know my domain name to see that I'm
> downloading amateur gay clown fisting videos.

While this being still a valid concern, one might say, if you don't want
people to see what you are doing, don't use any filesharing tools.

But on the other hand, I think it would be better to avoid any negative
"press" for mldonkey, since we still suffer from the aggressive behavior
the older clients used to gather files.

mldonkeys image is still the one of a reckless leech-tool. To be able to
disable the view files feature won't help getting rid of this image.

Sven, two euro-cents

--
BOFH excuse #241:

_Rosin_ core solder? But...