[Mldonkey-users] eMules and lugdunums

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] eMules and lugdunums
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:13:42 +0100 (CET)

Hi

As we all know, the future of edonkey servers is in lugdunums hands.
Merkur tries to mess with him, quite funny.

Read it here:

---quote of lugdunummaster
New in version .p65 :
Since emule leader (Merkur) said that he wont change its silly
behavior (10 simultaneous connections to servers), we decided to make
another patch. :(
This version take into account the time of a client connection. If this
time is too short, we substract 900 points from the slimit credit of the
IP address of the client.
So if emule clients continue to make very short connections to servers,
their IP is blacklisted (as were blacklisted BOT and mldonkeyV1 in the
past)
http://www.emule-project.net/en/viewtopic.php?t=12771

Thanks to Tarod for releasing a new Mod (Tarod 9) of emule that
corrects this bug. The next chapter explains the problem we
observed on our servers and that Merkur just deny.

http://www.emule-project.net/en/viewforum.php?f=15
---

FYI

-Roland